Sheffield & Hallamshire FA was formed in 1867 and was the first County
FA to be established.
We are the regional governing body for football and directly affect 120,000
people involved with grassroots football in the area every week.
We have a two-fold remit; firstly we govern and administer the game, which
means providing the infrastructure that actually allows the game to take
place. Secondly we develop the game by increasing participation and
We oversee football delivery in the area, working with the local authority,
professional football clubs and other organisations to ensure that the
impact of football on the community is coordinated and strategic.
- Compile the County’s Business Plan and Strategy in line with the
- Delivery of all objectives of the Association’s Business Plan and
- Development and presentation of progress reports on the delivery of the
Business Plan and Strategy to the Board of Directors for regular monitoring
- Development and implementation of the Association’s marketing and
public relations strategies.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with The
Football Association, Clubs and Leagues and other key football
- Develop and manage relationships with contractors and business partners
which enhance/support the services of the Company.
- All human resource management to support the delivery of the Business
- Ensure that an information technology structure is implemented and
appropriately maintained to satisfy the requirements of The Football
Association and the County FA.
- Implementation and regular monitoring of health and safety and risk
management audits, policies and procedures, for all areas of the business.
- Ensure that the Company’s facilities are maintained and
- Act as Company Secretary and ensure that the Company complies with the
requirements of the Companies Act 2006.
- Manage the business improvement plan for the Company.
- Effectively manage proposed relocation project to ensure delivery.
Skills & Experience Required
- Comprehensive understanding of The FA’s National Game Strategy
and how County Business Plans support its delivery.
- Ability to think and work strategically.
- Experience writing and implementing comprehensive and achievable
- Sound financial and commercial competence.
- A working knowledge of company law.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing effective teams of
- An understanding of football governance and development.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of building regulations, laws and risk assessment.
- Understanding of equality, equal opportunities, including and
safeguarding policies and procedures and best practice.
- Understanding of risk management procedures for all aspects of the
business, including health and safety, and the policies and procedures.
- Awareness and understanding of the challenges of working in a voluntary
- Working knowledge of parts of the Companies Act 2006 relevant to a
Company Limited by Guarantee and any other UK/EU legislation as appropriate
to the business.
- Competent in the use of IT equipment hardware and software.
- Knowledge of the principles of marketing and communications strategy as
a supporting function of the business.
- Sage accounting.
- A valid UK/EU Driving Licence.
- Sport/Football experience.
- Experience and knowledge of County FA operations.
- A passion for and knowledge of grass roots football.
- Experience of change management and tools to assist this.
- A working knowledge/experience of business improvement models.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button below.