A globally recognised sporting goods brand is seeking a Sales Director,
Northern Europe. You will be responsible for the overall management and
leadership of the sales function at the Northern European Headquarters, as
well as the sales teams in territories across the Nordics, Netherlands,
Belgium and Denmark.
- Lead and set the direction for the sales team both at HQ and in the
territories, ensuring management goals align with company goals.
- Coach staff, create opportunities for staff development, and make
decisions on hiring, performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Ensure awareness of the key pan-European account priorities in Northern
- Align distribution priorities between must win Territory accounts and
key European strategic accounts
- Drive Gross-to-Net and monthly target setting
- Consolidate and provide channel specific requirements back into
- Provide leadership and direction through managers
- Take accountability for sales performance and results
- Executes functional business plans and contribute to the development of
Skills & Experience Required:
- 10+ years experience within sales, from a leading FMCG or premium
- Must have experience managing multiple territories
- Language: Fluent English is essential – fluency in other languages is
also desired/an advantage.
- Extensive sales leadership experience at director level, in a complex
- Exceptional people manager with experience of managing and motivating
- Outstanding leadership experience, exceptional interpersonal skills and
strong communication skills.
- Must possess a range of influencing skills and be able to adapt their
communication style for both external and internal customers/stakeholders.
- Hands-on/lead-by-example approach where necessary and be able to build
and manage a cohesive culture.
- Driven by outstanding performance and customer service standards.
- Experience of a results-orientated, commercial background with a strong
work ethic and the required energy and desire to be successful.
- Must demonstrate high level commercial thinking and behaviours.
All applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button below.