BT Group is a leading FTSE Company with a profitable
turnover of more than £20 billion. We're the world's most established
communications company, employing around 100,000 people in 170 countries
around the world. We're known globally as a major technology player –
pioneering the digital advances that are shaping and driving the
information age. Helping people create, collaborate and communicate better
than ever before.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be involved in BTs new Sports TV
The Senior Scheduler under the direction of the Head of Programming, will
create and maintain the linear, EPG and promotional schedules for the BT
Sports Channel as well as integrating and co-ordinating migration of
channel content across multiple platforms.
The Senior Scheduler will be responsible for meeting the demands of the
Marketing, PR and On Air Departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
As BT’s Senior Scheduler the successful applicant
will be recognised as one of the top Sports Schedulers in the UK.
They will work closely with the Head of Programming to:
- Populate Linear Channel Schedule
- Assist in formulating acquisition strategy
- Forecast competitor activity
- Originate complimentary scheduling initiatives across all platforms
- Originate scheduling themes and stunts
- Compile audience analysis
- Disseminate schedule information to Channel Operations, On Air
Dept and third party production suppliers and well as Marketing and
- Oversee the population of EPG and other editorial mechanisms with
editorial programme information and timings
- Management of seemless integration with third party playout and
- Co-ordinate supply of EPG information to all BT Vision Platforms
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Broad knowledge of general and Sport TV output in the UK.
- Sound working knowledge all aspects of broadcasting
- Vast experience of Scheduling/Presentation/EPG in a linear environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent experience of linear scheduling systems
- Understanding of the Ofcom Code
- Familiarity with BARB and other research sources.
- Understanding of TV audience behaviour
Please note this job is open to both Interim and Permanent
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button below.