Olympic Legacy – Everyone’s invited. Be part of it at British
Cycling! Following the amazing successes of the Team GB Cycling Team at the
London 2012 Olympics and the landmark win for a Bradley Wiggins in the Tour
de France, interest in cycling is at an all-time high. British Cycling has
ambitious plans to build on the achievements of the elite athletes and our
participation programmes, and extend our cycling legacy at all levels
within the sport.
- To lead and integrate a critical support function in the Directorate to
help deliver our participation and partner satisfaction targets.
- Execute all work at strategic and operational level in a manner that
creates behavioural change and reaches new customers to adopt bike riding
and sustain their cycling participation.
- To lead on the marcomms management with BSkyB on all participation
programmes and related campaigning.
- Provide effective leadership of marcomms and non marcomms staff to
formulate and deliver B2B and local marcomms plans to ensure we meet our
participation targets and further build our reputation as the
nation’s inclusive cycling body.
- Integration of planning and delivery with the Corporate Marketing and
Skills & Experience Required
- Significant management experience in the Marcomms field
- Significant experience of formulating and managing communications
strategies/plans within a complex organisation
- Experience of managing behavioural change projects
- Success in building good relations with key media and securing media
- Experience of message development and issues management
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Proven ability to write press releases and briefing materials
- Ability to advise senior staff on communications matters
- Experience of managing and leading a high performing team
- Excellent written skills, with an extremely high level of attention to
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects,
delegate effectively, and prioritise workloads across multiple teams and a
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and
communicate effectively with all levels
- Creative thinker, with the ability to provide ideas and inspiration in
- Strong motivational skills with the ability to create and lead a high
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure whilst keeping projects
and partner relations on track
- Understanding of, and/or a passion for cycle sport
- Understanding and experience of the public sector, particularly Local
Authorities and health
- Experience of working on mass participation programmes
- Experience of servicing and building communications capacity with
non-communications specialists and partners
Our hours of work are 37.5 per week and we offer a range of
benefits including Pension, Gold membership of British Cycling, Childcare
Voucher and Cycle to Work schemes, and free car parking the National
Cycling Centre. People with a disability, members of the gay or trans
community, females or people from a black or minority ethnic background are
encouraged to apply. Any appointment will be made on merit
A full position description can be downloaded below. To apply for this
position, click on Apply Now to be redirected to the British Cycling
Vacancies Page and follow the application instructions on this page.
All applications must include a completed British Cycling
standard application form.
Application CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 31st